One sure-fire way to build your brand is by delivering valuable content. If you’re in business and you want to attract more leads to your product or service, content creation is a way to build trust in your audience and convert visitors into customers. In this fast-paced world, most people don’t like being “sold” to. Instead, you want to guide your visitors through the “buyer’s journey.” This multi-phased process is the journey your visitor takes from initial interest through the final decision to purchase.
In marketing, one proven method to successfully lead them through that process is using content marketing. In this blog post we’re going to cover the basics of content marketing along with the top 10 tips to build your brand with content marketing.
At one point in time, digital marketing was all about telling a brand story. Yet there has been a shift in content marketing to creating a memorable brand experience with content that resonates with your audience at stages of their buyer journey. If you’re in the business of recruiting, your content needs to reflect the concerns of employers and candidates and the journey they take that culminates in a decision to take action.
Ongoing Content Marketing Will Help You and Your Search Firm By:
- Positioning you as a thought leader in your industry
- Improving your visibility
- Improving your credibility
- Turning content into leads
Understand Your AudienceAn underlying principle of successful content marketing to drive inbound leads is to understand your audience. In the case of a recruiting firm, you need to understand candidates/job-seekers and client companies/employers. Putting yourself in their shoes will help you develop relevant content that is directed to their immediate concerns.
Create Content Helpful to Your AudienceThe content you deliver should help them on their hiring journey in the case of employers and help them on their career journey in the case of potential employees. As a recruiter you are aware of the wide range of concerns for both of those audiences that range from recruiting, interviewing, counteroffers and career advancement to industry-specific news and trends.
Here are the top 10 tips to build your brand with content marketing.
Create a plan for your recruitment practice where you define what content you’ll be creating and how frequently you’ll be publishing that content.
1. Create a content marketing plan.
2. Write and publish content consistently.Consistency is key in content marketing. You want to publish on a regular schedule. Don’t start and then stop, only to start again a few months later and expect it to build traction. You should publish monthly at the bare minimum. If you don’t write or don’t have time to write, hire a writer.
3. Make sure your blogs have clear calls-to-action.The end of every blog post should have a clear and concise call-to-action. For example, you could use a simple sentence or two to highlight your firm and then have a button they can click to: “Contact Recruiter,” “Browse Jobs,” “Send Resume,” “Start Your Search.”
4. Promote content with organic SEO.Start by making sure your website is well optimized and getting indexed by Google and other search engines. Think about what key words and phrases your visitors would use to seek out information on the Internet. Optimize your posts with those keywords to improve your ranking on Google.
5. Create and publish social media posts.Create and schedule regular posts on social media that link back to your blogs. Promote on a regular basis – ideally, 3 times per week. Keeping your posts consistent and frequent will improve your engagement.
6. Share blog posts on LinkedIn.Create custom posts on LinkedIn and link them back to your blogs. Ask your recruiters and other team members to like and share your posts.
7. Use your email newsletter to promote blog posts.Send out a newsletter to your email list on a consistent basis where you share an excerpt of each blog post. Make sure you link back to the full blog post on your website.
8. Convert your blog posts into website downloads.Once you have created several blog posts and you're publishing them regularly, you aggregate some of that content and turn it into a white paper or report that your visitors can download. For example: “Top 10 Tips to Become a Destination Employer” or “Top 5 Tips to Landing That AI Dream Job.”
9. Create a website landing page.Customize a landing page where visitors can sign up to download the e-book or report that you created. Creating an easy-to-use landing page give another point in the process where you can track visitors and collect their contact information (with their consent).
10. Track, measure, and improve.Review your stats to understand your experiential numbers such as clicks, views and share. Also view your transactional numbers such as forms filled, leads, demos, calls scheduled, traffic, views, and bounces. This will give you the information you need to improve over time.
Now more than ever it’s important to create content that resonates with your audience. Focus on content that reflect the concerns of employers and candidates and you will build trust, increase your visibility, position yourself as a thought leader, and drive more leads into your inbox.
Do you have a strategic content marketing plan?If you’re interested in learning how our inbound marketing solutions could turbo-charge your business, we’d love to hear from you! Click the button below to schedule a free consultation so we can discover the best plan of action to drive more traffic to your website and get more leads to your inbox.