Companies of all sizes conduct business by utilizing marketing automation; this campaign helps get your message along faster and saves companies time and money. “If a customer expects human and is met with a canned message, it could lead to a negative experience with your brand,” explains Kenny Kane. Therefore, when you construct your marketing automation messages, be sure it doesn’t sound like it’s automated and generic. Kane shares ways on how to avoid that:
- Ensure your customers have adequate ways to self-identify.
- Segment your customers and then segment them again.
- Give customers an easy out.
- Take customers out of a marketing cycle at the appropriate milestones.
- Give customers a moment to breathe.
- Be consistent throughout the customer journey.
- Put yourself through the process.
Be sure to make a plan, stick to it and follow up with your warm leads generated by your marketing automation campaign.